Saturday, February 21, 2009

A New Home

With new beginnings come new challenges.
Today, I am formally opening this blog where I, as The Storyteller, will continue the journey of being a writer and a narrator. I will be officially leaving my Friendster Blog site and will be moving instead into this new home.
So as a startup, let me give you my official intro:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What defines a writer but his writings.
Just like a doctor who treats patients, a singer who sings songs, or even a painter creating magnificent works of art, a writer’s writing is likewise his definition. Writing identifies a writer.

Honestly, I really don’t know why I’ve learned to love writing. When I was a kid, writing was never in my mind. I didn’t even know that writing can be a profession. My first (formal) writing exposure was when I entered highschool. I was so influenced by one of my teachers (who also happened to be the adviser of our school paper) that it led me to joining our school paper as one of its editors. Honestly, I didn’t even know how I came up with my very first article. Haha! Looking back, I really wanted to commend myself for that. Anyway, since then, writing has become a part of my system. From formal articles that have to be submitted to simple scribbling, all these reflected who I am.

Indeed, writing is a tough thing to do. I still encounter difficulties in writing considering that I’ve been on a seven-year training (from my second year in highschool up to my fourth year in college) in writing. Among the difficulties I still encounter is the structure of the article. I tend to diversify every single topic that comes into my mind that I would end up confusing myself on how I will put ideas into places. The number of times I tried doing this post would somehow explain how complicated writing is.
So where am I heading?
First of all, I am formally closing my previous blog account in Friendster. The main reason for that is to give my blog as sense of its own space and not just attached to a social networking site. I am now opening another chapter of my life and I will try to speak them out here. The purpose of this blog will be basically to share everyone the things that are happening in my life and around me. Also I will talk about things that I think are worth sharing. This will also serve as my venue to release all my emotions. After all, that's what a blog is all about, right?

I want to introduce myself to everyone through my writings. I also want to inspire, tickle, or just extract reactions from people through my articles. I will try to update this blog regularly on a monthly basis (and I’ll make sure of that!).
In this blog, I will just basically tell a story — my story!
For now, let me just formally open this blog: I am Benjo D. Sandoval and I am THE STORYTELLER. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment