Friday, February 21, 2014

"What-ifs" and Second Chances

"How do you unwrite the past?... Or at least rewrite it?"

Watching "Starting Over Again," which starred Piolo Pascual and Toni Gonzaga has brought a lot of "what-ifs" to my mind. But don't worry, this is definitely not a movie review. Haha! I just missed writing spontaneously and letting the words from my mind come out. Aside from that, I've also been wanting to try this Blogger app I downloaded for my iPad. Haha! 

Anyway, as I was saying, wouldn't it be a relief if we could go back in time and tweak a few scenes from our lives? Personally, I wish I could. I wish I could go back to certain periods of my life; replay and edit them. 

I wish I could go back to the time when I started losing myself to earthly things. Haha! Admit it, we all got lost at certain points in our lives. You know, living like there's no tomorrow, trying things we haven't done before? Then, I thought it was just okay. In fact I enjoyed some of them. After all, that "we only live once" mantra isn't there for nothing, right? But looking back, I keep telling myself, "You could've said, 'no!'" I could have just stuck to my principles and values.

 I can't help but compare myself to my siblings who were able to flawlessly learn the ropes of Adulthood. I wish life was easy as playing The Sims. Haha!  You know, choosing a job, mastering a hobby, earning Simoleons for construction purposes, refilling your needs. Haha! But life is like magic -- you don't know what will happen next. Everyone has a unique story. And yes, we only live once but if we're to live a life, shouldn't we be living it meaningfully? 

I hate to use this cliché but I guess regret must really be always at the end. We only get to think of the consequences of our actions once they're already done. And now, there's nothing we can do but face these consequences because life will continue and we will move forward. Well, I guess that's how I see things now. 

I still haven't found the way back to the place where I left my old self but I'm still trying. Still lost. For those who were able to get back on track, teach me how. Time is running and I know that I have to get out of this situation soonest. I'm just so grateful that whatever life throws at me, I know that I have my family and friends to support and love me. 

Keep moving. 


===================================================================

*written on a cold, boring night after playing Sims FreePlay. Download it on the AppStore or Google Play. Lol*

No comments:

Post a Comment