Saturday, December 29, 2012

Postponed Apocalypse: A Lookback at 2012

First up, let me congratulate all of us for surviving the end of the world! Yipee! No, seriously, we should be thankful.

Okay. So it's that time of year again when all I can think about is fast-forwarding the days so I can start anew. I've always believed that New Year isn't just celebrated because it's a tradition that has to keep going. For me, New Year symbolizes new beginning -- the opportunity to be on track again despite all the bad things, wrong decisions or problems you've had from the past year. It's like starting all over again from a clean slate trying to apply all the lessons you've learned from all your experiences from the previous year.  

If I am to describe my 2012, I'd probably say that it wasn't the best year but not even the worst, though. Yeah, I am (still) broke, jobless and drifted but I didn't struggle that much to live a day of my life. I mean, thanks to my family who's always been so supportive of me. And while most people would think that it's fun being a total bum, it's not! Spending most of your time doing nothing but thinking about how a day will go is sooooo boring! I did try looking for jobs out there but I guess I'm just too OC that I want my next job to be perfect just like my previous one. It's like I'm looking for the love of my life and without that "spark" I'm looking for, it will never work out.  And so later on, I got tired of searching and just stick to me and my siblings' "master plan" (which, by the way, is a secret! LOL). Luckily, I got the Internet, TV, and a few events with friends and family that got me busy with and kept me sane while waiting for 2013. Haha! 

Basically, 2012 was my year for reflection. This year, I got to realize a lot of things about myself and life. One of the most important things that I've realized is that I AM BLESSED. When we're down, we tend to see everything negatively that we forget to count our blessings. I think it's just natural to be depressed for a certain period but things won't change if you'll continue to be like that, right? We all go through tough times. I'm just so proud of myself because I have developed this attitude to not dwell on the negative side of things but instead acknowledge the blessings that God had and has been showering me for the last 27 years. He may have led me to a blurry path for now but I know that this is all part of His plan. Prayers are the best way to deal with all the worries you have and just bear in mind that the situation where you are right now is just a phase. It will pass eventually. I am just so thankful for the gift of health, love and harmony in the family and that we were not affected by all the major catastrophes that happened in the country.

Another major blessing this year was the birth of an angel we call Gian, my first nephew. And I am just so glad that I was there when he was born. He's turning two months in a few weeks and the excitement to see him grow up is always there. He's one of the reasons why I so want to get back to work again and earn so I can buy him stuff and spoil him with things that he would probably want. Haha! I love him!

Anyway, I also turned 27 this year and at my age, I really should be investing and saving for the future. My priorities shifted from "earning for pleasure" to "earning for the future" and I hope that this won't change even when I'm already busy with my next job. Dang! I wish that's soon! 

This year also, I had to refrain from dieting and going to the gym for a while since my mom isn't happy with my thinness anymore. Just when I'm about to have abs already! Kidding! Haha! But, yeah, I'm trying to gain a few pounds right now so I that I can start a new and more effective workout program maybe mid next year when I'm already settled (hopefully) with my new job.

On my love life, well, my relationships with music and TV and the Internet are okay so I guess I'm good. Haha! Crap! 

Alright. I guess that's about it for my 2012 and I am already sleepy. I didn't even plan on blogging tonight but I'm glad I did because it felt really good. :)  

Happy New Year!  2013 will be fantastic and I am claiming it!

No comments:

Post a Comment